Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Charlotte in the Summer

So it's July now, and we are living with family in Charlotte. I am still working at Mountain Air Cargo as a maintenance controller, and I am setting my sights on flying for them. Praise to God for a couple things in the flying pursuit that happened in the last couple months. First off I passed my Color Vision Waiver with the FAA, so I no longer have to worry about getting disqualified medically for my eye sight. That is a huge blessing and just today I took and passed my ATP written test which I will need to have upon switching over to a pilot position. I also found a place to flight instruct and have been able to keep current in the meantime. I am patiently and anxiously awaiting a Caravan pilot opening at MAC. I am hoping a position opens up in Greensboro so we don't have to move far, and we can be around friends up there. We are open to other locations if our choice is limited. Please pray that the right pilot position would open up and I would be able to pass an interview. I would rather stay with MAC longer term instead of switching companies, especially for the Caravan experience. Katy and Mikayla are doing well. Mikayla is very close to walking in the next couple months. She is enjoying time at the pool and I love being able to spend time with her each day. We have family visiting within the next few weeks, and Mikayla's first birthday isn't too far away. We recently joined a church in the area. Please pray we will get connected with a small group of similar couples. I am going to audit some bible classes this Fall to further prepare for missions. Praise that we recently paid off one of our student loans, but still have quite a ways to go. We just pray to do what God wills. More updates as they come.

Prayer Requests
-Deeper relationship with God, More Prayer
-Opportunities and Wisdom for witnessing to others, following Gods commands
-God directing our finances, continuing to pay off student loans
-Pilot position at MAC

No comments:

Post a Comment