Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Back in Charlotte

So to recap on what has been going on in our lives for the last year or so. I took a job with Mesa Airlines in Charlotte last May when we found out Mikayla was on the way. We decided moving in with family was the best option to be able to pay off debt. We moved to Charlotte in October. I stayed with Mesa till the end of the year and finally found a job closer to preparation for Missionary Aviation. I started working with Mountain Air Cargo, a FEDEX feeder operation, at the beginning of the year. The fly ATR 42's and 72's and my favorite the Cessna 208 Caravan. The Caravan is a good aircraft for a lot of missionary aviation applications which get me excited about learning as much as I can about it. I work as a Maintenance Controller and basically coordinate the maintenance operations for the aircraft. We stay in the loop with everything maintenance related for the aircraft. Part of my job is to assist mechanics in troubleshooting problems with the aircraft. So I am pleased to be able to attend Cessna Caravan Maintenance Training at Flight Safety this year as well as G1000 Avionics training. This training is definitely going to help me in terms of future missionary aviation work. The company also reimburses for college classes so I should be able to finally take some bible classes, most likely online. We are adjusting to life with family around, and we're excited that we get to see them so much. Please pray for my hopefully soon application to the FAA for a color-vision waiver, and for a place I can flight instruct in the area. Here is a picture of the Cessna Caravan.

1 comment:

  1. Boy do we miss you guys!! I wish you could come for dinner tonight, on a whim for old times. Please give your sweet pumpkin a kiss for me....Katie and MiGayla! We love you very much and are so proud of how your working up that ladder! Gayla

    ReplyDelete